(PRI 2023-4 = PRI 1018-9 x NJ. 154955) (Williams et al. 1972)
- Fruit: 70 to 76 mm or more (2-3/4 to 3+ in.); round to short conic; yellow ground color; bright finish; heavily splashed, slightly striped, mottled in some years, 70 to 90% medium red, attractive; medium grained; cream colored, crisp and breaking flesh; sweet to mildly sub-acid and slightly aromatic in flavor, moderately juicy. Large fruit size. Fruit hangs on the tree until over-ripe.
- Season of Maturity: Five weeks before 'Delicious'.
- Tree: Vigorous, highly vegetative and branching, moderate tendency for biennial bearing.
- Disease Resistance: Field immune to apple scab; susceptible to powdery mildew; highly resistant to cedar-apple rust; moderately resistant to fire blight.
- Problems: Bland sweet, insufficient flavor, poor color development in shaded canopy; growth habit; and susceptibility to secondary diseases.
- General Recommendation: Problems too severe for further consideration. Discarded at Lafayette.
Co-op Summary Table
Co-op Bloom Date
Co-op Release Description