(PRI 1326-1 = PRI 558-1 x 'Mollie's Delicious') (Williams et al. 1972)
- Fruit: 76 mm or more (3+ in.); round to conic with distinctive, strongly pointed, narrow calyx end; green-yellow to pale-yellow ground color, very bright finish; blushed 60 to 85% light to medium red, very attractive; medium grained, cream colored, firm to crisp and slightly breaking flesh; mildly sub-acid, bland; juicy. Some tendency to drop when ripe. Season of MaturityöTwo and one-half weeks before 'Delicious'.
- Tree: moderate vigor, spreading branches with 90 degree crotch angles, uniformly distributed, large fruit; annual light to moderate cropping.
- Disease Resistance: Field immune to apple scab; good level of resistance to powdery mildew; highly resistant to cedar-apple rust; moderately resistant to fur. blight.
- Problems: Bland, insufficient flavor, inadequate storage life for season, sparse cropping, tendency to drop.
- General Recommendation: Problems too severe for further consideration. Discarded at Lafayette. Brazilian reports indicate low chilling requirement. Suggested for further testing in regions with moderate winter chilling.
Co-op Summary Table
Co-op Bloom Date
Co-op Release Description