(PRI 1677-2 = 'Starking Delicious' x PRI 877-2) (Williams et al. 1972)
- Fruit: 76 mm or more (3+ in.); variable, short conic to round or slightly oblate; green-yellow to yellow ground color, bright finish; striped 90 to 100% medium to dark, red to purple-red, very attractive; coarse grained, cream colored, firm to crisp, moderately tough flesh; sweet to mildly sub-acid, bland, slightly aromatic flavor, juicy. Flavor and quality similar to, but less than 'Delicious'. Fruit hangs on the tree until over-ripe.
- Season of Maturity: One to one-half week before 'Delicious'.
- Tree: Moderate vigor, spreading branches with 90 degree crotch angles, strongly biennial.
- Disease Resistance: Field immune to apple scab; good level of resistance to powdery mildew; susceptible to cedar-apple rust; moderately resistant to fire blight.
- Problems: Bland insufficient flavor; astringent at harvest; tough flesh; alternate bearing, unreliable cropping.
- General Recommendation: Problems too severe for further consideration. Discarded at Lafayette.
Co-op Summary Table
Co-op Bloom Date
Co-op Release Description