((PRI 2750-7 = Coop 17 (PRI 1689-100) x Golden Delicious) (Crosby et al. 1993)
- Fruit: 67 to 76 mm (2-5/8 to 3 in.); oblate conic to short conic. Skin is green-yellow at harvest with a moderate orange blush on the sun-exposed surface; maturing to yellow. Smooth, glossy finish with little russet and inconspicuous lenticels. Moderately thick, slightly tough skin. Flesh is cream-colored, firm, very crisp and breaking, juicy, medium grained. Mildly acid, pleasant and somewhat bland with some aroma. Retains quality and texture 4 to 5 months in refrigerated storage.
- Bloom Period: Late midseason.
- Season of Maturity: October 5 to 15 at Lafayette, Indiana.
- Tree: Moderately vigorous, standard, round-top tree. Semi-spur type bearing habit, moderate amounts of bare wood at the base of branches. Slightly leggy and somewhat limber wooded. Moderate bearing with some biennial tendencies.
- Disease Resistance: Field immune to scab, highly resistant to powdery mildew, moderately resistant to cedar-apple rust, resistant to fire blight.
- Problems: Aldehyde storage flavor picked up in 1992-3. Fruit size smaller than 'Golden Delicious.
- General Recommendation: A 'Golden Delicious' seedling maturing with or slightly with a mild pleasant flavor, crisp, breaking flesh type, and a good overall level of disease resistance. Storage life is superior to 'Golden Delicious' but quality not on a par with 'GoldRush'.
Co-op Summary Table
Co-op Bloom Date
Co-op Release Description