New Crop Links
Related Web Sites
- AgNIC (Agriculture Network Information
Center) is a distributed network that provides access to agriculture-related
information, subject area experts, and other resources.
- CGIAR Consultative Group on International
- Aggie Horticulture Crop
Production and Gardening Information
- OSU WebGarden includes a Factsheet
Database of over 9,400 links to agronomic and horticultural factsheets from
the United States and Canada. Covers all aspects of growing plants from both
the homeowner's perspective and the commercial producer.
Toxic Plant Indices This is a database of Indiana Plants Poisonous to Livestock
and Pets. It is maintained by the Cooperative Extension Service, Purdue University,
West Lafayette, Indiana
grasses and legumes Database from the FAO
- Feedipedia: An on-line encyclopedia of animal feeds from the FAO
- National Center for Genetic Resources
Preservation (NCGRP) conserves genetic resources of crops and animals
important to US agriculture and landscapes
Biological, Agricultural and Medical Resources
- The Dogwood Alliance Our Mission
is to preserve and restore native forest ecosystems in the southeastern United
States while sustaining the human communities that depend on these ecosystems.
- ILDIS International Legume Database
& Information Service
- CLIMA is the Cooperative Research
Centre for Legumes in Mediterranean Agriculture.
- New Agriculturist On-line Reporting
agriculture for the 21st century.
- UDSA Agricultural Research Service
- Minnesota Institute for Sustainable Agriculture
- Sustainable Farming Association of Minnesota
The SFA is a farmer-run, nonprofit organization based in Minnesota.
- Carolina Farm Stewardship
- Association for Temperate Agroforestry
seeks to catalyze technical innovation and adoption of agroforestry in the
temperate zone through a variety of research and educational activities.
- CDMS, Inc. has an ag-chemical database
of labels and MSDS.
- Urban Agriculture Notes by City
Farmer Canada's Office of Urban Agriculture
- International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
- Northern Territory Department of Primary
Industry and Fisheries, Australia
- ASNAPP agribusiness in sustainable
natural African plant products
- CNAP: Centre for Novel Agricultural Products
Arboreta, Botanical Gardens, Museums
- National Genetic Resources ProgramThe Germplasm Resources Information Network (GRIN) web server provides germplasm information about plants, animals, microbes and invertebrates within the National Genetic Resources Program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Agricultural Research Service (ARS).
- American Indian Ethnobotany Database This is an electronic database containing food, drug, dye, fiber and other plants used by Native North American Peoples (a total of over 47,000 items). 291 Native American groups and 3,895 species from 243 different plant families are represented.
- Indiana Toxic Plant Indices This is a database of Indiana Plants Poisonous to Livestock and Pets. It is maintained by the Cooperative Extension Service, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana
- Cornell University's Poisonous Plants Information
- International Organization for Plant Information
- Invasive Species Program from USGS
- Centre for Plant Biodiversity Research and Australian National Herbarium
- Cyber Flora This site concerns itself with plants of the northeast, meaning Georgia to the Mississippi River, north to Canada.
- The Gymnosperm Database provides basic information (sometimes only a name) for all species and higher-ranked taxa of the gymnosperms, i.e., conifers, cycads, and their allies.
- Exotic Fruits Vegetables Produce Products from Frieda's Inc.
- California Rare Fruit Growers, Inc. The CRFG has a general interest in all aspects of fruit growing with a primary focus on semitropical fruits and uncommon fruits and vegetables.
- Aggie Horticulture Crop Production and Gardening Information
- OSU WebGarden includes a Factsheet Database of over 9,400 links to agronomic and horticultural factsheets from the United States and Canada. Covers all aspects of growing plants from both the homeowner's perspective and the commercial producer.
- Horticulture Extension University of Illinois College of Agricultural, Consumer and Environmental Sciences, Cooperative Extension Service.
- University of Minnesota Extension Horticulture
- A Modern Herbal by Mrs M. Grieve The html version of A Modern Herbal, first published in 1931, by Mrs. M. Grieve, contains Medicinal, Culinary, Cosmetic and Economic Properties, Cultivation and Folk-Lore of Herbs.
- MidFEx MidFEx, short for Midwest Fruit Explorers, is a non-profit organization of amateur backyard fruit growing enthusiasts.
- Fungi Perfecti® specializes in the distribution of cultures, tools and technologies for the cultivation of gourmet and medicinal mushrooms
- Cornell Center for Fungal Biology
- Australian Herb & Spice Industry Association The gateway to the herb industry in Australia.
- Tropical Fruit News Magazine Online
- SBE's Exotic Plant and Garden Seed Catalog
- Seedsaving and Seedsavers Resources
- What Tree is That? National Arbor Day Foundation.
- Leaf and Twig Keys, Virginia Tech
- The Fruit Pages: everything you want to know about fruit!
- Organic Crops at MSUcares
- International Potato Center (CIP)
- Northern Nut Growers Association
- Indiana Nut Growers Association
Universities including extension services
Copyright © 2014, Purdue University, all rights reserved. Purdue University is an equal access/equal opportunity university. If you have trouble accessing this page because of a disability, please contact the NewCROP Center | email: email@example.com | phone: 765-494-6968.
Last modified: March 04 2019 by aw